Just some food for thought

hamez88

Over my time using the vive cosmos i have noticed that most of the tracking issues is to do with Light, and how far away/close the controllers are to each other or the head set. Could a fix be made by providing more cameras?, Not on the headset but in the form of lighthouses? Have them set up in opposite corners of the play space. Not sure if tracking cameras could the controllers from a further distance or not but they would be able to see them in if not most, all positions within the play space. Combined with the cameras in the head set in theory it should improve the tracking.

Any thoughts?

Have you thought of any possible solutions and what are they?

6 hours ago, hamez88 said:

Over my time using the vive cosmos i have noticed that most of the tracking issues is to do with Light, and how far away/close the controllers are to each other or the head set. Could a fix be made by providing more cameras?, Not on the headset but in the form of lighthouses? Have them set up in opposite corners of the play space. Not sure if tracking cameras could the controllers from a further distance or not but they would be able to see them in if not most, all positions within the play space. Combined with the cameras in the head set in theory it should improve the tracking.

Any thoughts?

Forget your assumption. Their quick fix to ask you to buy an external faceplate, sensor and controller. Or you can wait for months or years of patch update until it get closer to Rift S ^^

Edited by lam0218

On 5/28/2020 at 11:10 AM, hamez88 said:

Any thoughts?

That's exactly what I personally wouldn't like.
I got the Cosmos because I don't want to place additional periphery somewhere in our living room.
I would have gone for Lighthouse tracking then.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, A-Jey said:

That's exactly what I personally wouldn't like.
I got the Cosmos because I don't want to place additional periphery somewhere in our living room.
I would have gone for Lighthouse tracking then.

True, even thou I have enough space in room, I bought this headset because It did not require any additional setups. 

On 5/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, hamez88 said:

Any thoughts?

Regarding that... I dont really think this will developed (not for Cosmos at least), because it should be invented from scratch. Because judging by what is happening to Cosmos and potential upgrades for unfortunate Cosmos consumers, I dont think HTC management will invest in developing that kind of tech.