Cosmos Public Release 1.0.12.4a

C.T.

Hey sorry my day job kept me very busy,  and I just saw you guys messages now.

If you still need me to help with something let me know and I'll try to find time this weekend.

Hope the problem will be solved soon, and thanks for fixing and improving.

Also I'm not all that technical or have a lot of time to deal with softwares  lol.  

Could you let me know where I can find the log and the trace number ??

At the moment I will remain the previous driver,  win10 sometimes doesn't do good job of restoring system and I'd like to keep this workable version before the issue's solved.

Edited by guesscui

At last, I hope you guys allow the users to have a way of keeping or reversing to the older versions of the drivers.

In a case like this, if my system restore fails, I have no way to play any game in VR on my PC and have to wait for another update who knows for how long...   this will be a real disaster...

Edited by guesscui
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, guesscui said:

At last, I hope you guys allow the users to have a way of keeping or reversing to the older versions of the drivers.

In a case like this, if my system restore fails, I have no way to play any game in VR on my PC and have to wait for another update who knows for how long...   this will be a real disaster...

Agreed, a rollback option is sorely needed. 

Further to my report that I submitted (20200604114557) it seems that disabling all overlays you may have running and enabling direct mode in devloper settings for SteamVR has improved performance, still no where near previous levels though.

Hi after the vive update my vive cosmos has a black screen..the green light on at side but nothing through headset.. it's only been since that update.. can someone please advise what I can do to fix it..

Edited by Sammy12

7 hours ago, Sammy12 said:

Hi after the vive update my vive cosmos has a black screen..the green light on at side but nothing through headset.. it's only been since that update.. can someone please advise what I can do to fix it..

Could you try this Link to see if it works? It may helped before we release the hot fix?

On 6/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, Darksun0405 said:

The performance was already bad in the beta. I don't need a bug report to see that. I don't know what you guys are doing, but the driver is a disaster. The good news, less double images. The bad news, now the whole picture is stuttering. Good job. 

There is no tracking updates this public release, it looks like they kept out the tracking part of the update and just released the software part. I could be wrong but it doesn't say in the notes any changes have been made to tracking since the last public release, which is good because as i remember it the last public release state of tracking was better then the last few betas.

Edited by hamez88