Cosmos Public Release 1.0.12.4a

C.T.

i recovered my system before the update 

50 minutes ago, heatman said:

Just updated today. Now I'm getting an  201 error

recovered my system from before the update. now my headset works again. nice update guys.....

2 hours ago, heatman said:

i recovered my system before the update 

recovered my system from before the update. now my headset works again. nice update guys.....

Yeah I didn't get error message, but all my games took a major performance hit in VR after this update, and barely playable...

I have to do a system recover to get back to the previous version to make my headset work properly again.

Seriously they need to address the issues with this update ASAP, or let us keep the older versions of drivers.

Edited by guesscui

I really don't surprise one day this company will force to exit the VR market....such as terrible software stability,  no roadmap for what they plan to do on fixing the problem, misleading marketing terms using on Cosmos (Refined inside-out tracking and much more....)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, guesscui said:

Yeah I didn't get error message, but all my games took a major performance hit in VR after this update, and barely playable...

I have to do a system recover to get back to the previous version to make my headset work properly again.

Seriously they need to address the issues with this update ASAP, or let us keep the older versions of drivers.

Any chance you have done an nvidia update or used the GeForce Experience to automatically optimize your game?

51 minutes ago, lamyipming said:

Any chance you have done an nvidia update or used the GeForce Experience to automatically optimize your game?

I considered the same thing, the following steps have so far helped to improve things;

Disable all overlays
Run Steam as admin (This is super important and never really said anywhere in the setup, but old threads show that SteamVR doesn't work so great without it)
Run vive console as admin
Enable direct mode in SteamVR developer settings.

While still not perfect these changes have at least made games playable again.

I tried the new release and I'm alway disappointed

I can play with BONEWORKS, HALF LIFE ALYX,  MOSS

But definitely can't play with ONWARD, CONTRACTORS and PAVLOV

I'm sorry but COSMOS isn't for FPS 😫😫😫

Stéph@ne

On 6/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, lamyipming said:

Nope, I don't think it's related to that...  I didn't no driver update nor any kind of optimization on anything but the update.

Edited by guesscui