Cosmos Elite Green Light but Black Display

Gosbot

Hello,

As of June 2 my Cosmos Elite display will no longer show anything but black. To be clear, it is not pitch black as if the headset was powered off completely. Instead, the display turns on, but will only show black. However, my desktop VR view is accurate, and shows content as expected.

Neither SteamVR nor the Vive Console report any errors. Both base stations, both controllers, and the headset show a green status light. Everything worked fine on June 1, but after the updates to Steam and the Vive Software that took place yesterday the headset display refuses to show anything. As a result, I doubt that the issue is hardware related.

I've tried reinstalling the Vive Software and SteamVR multiple times to no effect. I've unplugged and re-plugged everything. My system configuration is as follows, running the latest available Windows 10 update and GPU/CPU drivers:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
16GB DDR4 RAM

Any help is appreciated.

Hello there !

I have the exact same problems, but with the "basic" Cosmos one, since today.

As for my part, I tried to reinitialize my headset, go for the beta firmware, but nothing.

Configuration :

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

Intel Core i7 8750H

Samsung DDR4 SO-DIMM 2666 MHz 16GO

@C.T.

Fixed it!

I had to go to my Windows camera privacy settings, and then turn on camera access for the device and desktop apps.

I never had to do this before, but I'm now positive that it's what was causing the problem. The ViveVRServer appears on the list of desktop apps that wants to access my camera, and I can replicate and then fix the black screen issue by toggling its permission off and on.

@Captain Patate I hope this works for you, if it doesn't I would check to see if you have any other programs or settings that could affect camera access on your computer.

Edited by Gosbot
  • Like 1