Fan not woking?

Lionel

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 2:43 AM, C.T. said:

Please contact customer service, they will guide you through how to test the functionality about the fan. 

@C.T. Sorry just a long frustrating journey contacting your official support. I have mulled over whether to update this post for a while now.

If anybody else has this issue don't bother contacting support. They don't know how to check or don't want to. So they spend most their time pushing you to other departments depending on where and how you purchased the headset (Looking at you US support), then when they cant pass the buck any further they just outright say "NO". Genuinely very let down with the technical support this time round :( normally you guys are great on the forums.

Anyway not to be deterred I had the choice to send the headset back (not overly thrilled at this idea right now) or dismantle it. So I started with the front plate and was pleasantly surprised to see that the fan is visible from the outside and easily serviceable (for gentle cleaning I assume). turned the headset on I could see the fan spinning, so yes it is working, my question answered incredibly easily.

Why nobody at HTC knew this or refused to tell me this I guess I will never know.

What was your ticket number or contact email address? Feel free to send me via DM, let me check what happened.

Sorry that I forgot to check in with you on the result. Let me see what I can do here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 12:44 AM, C.T. said:

What was your ticket number or contact email address? Feel free to send me via DM, let me check what happened.

Sorry that I forgot to check in with you on the result. Let me see what I can do here.

No apologies needed at all, I managed to figure it out in the end and probably should of looked under the front cover myself first.

No need for any investigation into your support staff, I felt it was worth mentioning that beyond the forums there is a significant mentality change, please feel free to feed that back.
But I really mean what I said earlier "You guys are really great on the forums" I don't think I have even seen such willingness to help a customer base on a technical level before, you admit faults and shortcomings and make sure the customer gets the best solution that you can think of. I cannot express how much I value your support here. Please never stop!! :D 

• Like 2