During usage, Headset blacks out for a few seconds

FernandoJ8

During usage of my HTC vive, the display will randomly black out for a few seconds with the status led turning red before returning to normal after a few seconds. I had experienced this problem a long time ago and contacted support about it. They offered me a seres of solutions that I believed had worked, as after that in a period where I didn't use the vive too much I didn't run into this issue again. Today however, I have confirmed that the problem is still present and I can't follow the cross analysis of the vive's cables due to the lack of enough hdmi ports on my computer. Thus I would like to either find a solution or have the product replaced.

Okay, so one at a time:
Processor: intel core i7-7800 (not k)
Graphics card: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF
Ram: 16 gigs
Ram speed: 3000MHz

My drivers are up to date and this problem has been presenting for a while

Edited by FernandoJ8

On 7/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, FernandoJ8 said:

Okay, so one at a time:
Processor: intel core i7-7800 (not k)
Graphics card: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF
Ram: 16 gigs
Ram speed: 3000MHz

My drivers are up to date and this problem has been presenting for a while

Sorry that I never got back to you, damn comment limitation is a pain on these forums, make like 10 posts BOOM wait 24hours.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers?, and making sure your motherboard BIO's is up to date? (Reason for this) stability, not just for the headset but for a majority of devices.

The fact nobody else has responded to this thread is weird anyway, I can only throw out random my guess could fix issues.Check all the cables are firmly fitted, and try if you've got a spare slots move the Headset cables into different ports on your computer,

A typical cleaning (deletion and reinstallation) of the drivers should fix the issue, remove all SteamVR devices and reinstall them. Also some people don't put there computers in MAXIMUM POWER MODE, make sure your PC isn't set to power saving.. because that can turn USB ports off and devices..

Your spec's are fine, and if the issue was resolved by things HTC gave you, then you should retrace those steps, if not try what I said, remove the devices from your computer, then uninstall them, restart your pc, and plug them back in and do the whole setup garbage then see if that works!

Edited by SanityGaming