Meshloader blueprint compile error on UE 4.24.3.

ZNMR

Hi, I am currently testing the capability of creating a MR/XR experience using the VIVE Pro using Unreal Engine. I have downloaded the UE samples so I can see how it works. However I have faced multiple issues with the files.

Firstly I wasn't able to compile the project as I hit an error regarding bForceEnableExceptions, but I followed this post and I was able to open the UE project file.

Now I try to play the VR exp and it keep telling me that there is a blueprint compile error on Meshloader? When I open the blueprint, it seems to be looking for a Magic Leap data node? That made no sense to me... Please help!

Untitled.png

Hi @ZNMR,

what version of Unreal Engine are you using?
Can you try disabling all the Magic Leap plugins from the installed Unreal Engine Plugins? Also if you still get this error after that, hange the LoadSingleSubmesh function so that it takes as input a Mesh Info structure and not a Magic Leap Tracking Mesh Info structure. After doing that and disabling the Magic Leap plguins, you should be good to go (check attached screenshot).
I believe the Magic Leap plugin interferes with the SRWorks's SDK Meshloader plugin that's why you are getting this error.

A new version of SRWorks will be published soon to support Unreal Engine 4.24 so you won't get that error anymore.

image.thumb.png.dbbe7d8f640a02ba7c58235426558128.png

16 hours ago, MariosBikos_HTC said:

Hi @ZNMR,

what version of Unreal Engine are you using?
Can you try disabling all the Magic Leap plugins from the installed Unreal Engine Plugins? Also if you still get this error after that, hange the LoadSingleSubmesh function so that it takes as input a Mesh Info structure and not a Magic Leap Tracking Mesh Info structure. After doing that and disabling the Magic Leap plguins, you should be good to go (check attached screenshot).
I believe the Magic Leap plugin interferes with the SRWorks's SDK Meshloader plugin that's why you are getting this error.

A new version of SRWorks will be published soon to support Unreal Engine 4.24 so you won't get that error anymore.

image.thumb.png.dbbe7d8f640a02ba7c58235426558128.png

Hi I am running on UE 4.24.3. The readme stated it is compatible to UE 4.24? 

The disabling of plugin works but I have a new set of errors. Please see the attached error log.

Error log.txt

LogPackageName: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: '/SRWorks_Experience/Blueprints/SRWorks_E_GameInstance' is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path does not start with a valid root. Path must begin with: '/Engine/', '/Game/', '/Paper2D/', '/AnimationSharing/', '/DatasmithContent/', '/MediaCompositing/', '/OculusVR/',
 '/PostSplashScreen/', '/SteamVR/', '/RuntimeMeshLoader/', '/SRWorks/', '/Config/', '/Script/', '/Memory/', or '/Temp/'
LogLinker: Warning: Failed to load '/SRWorks_Experience/Blueprints/SRWorks_E_GameInstance': Can't find file.
LogPackageName: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: '/SRWorks_Experience/Blueprints/SRWorks_E_GameInstance' is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path does not start with a valid root. Path must begin with: '/Engine/', '/Game/', '/Paper2D/', '/AnimationSharing/', '/DatasmithContent/', '/MediaCompositing/', '/OculusVR/',
 '/PostSplashScreen/', '/SteamVR/', '/RuntimeMeshLoader/', '/SRWorks/', '/Config/', '/Script/', '/Memory/', or '/Temp/'
LogLinker: Warning: Failed to load '/SRWorks_Experience/Blueprints/SRWorks_E_GameInstance': Can't find file.
LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /SRWorks_Experience/Blueprints/SRWorks_E_GameInstance.SRWorks_E_GameInstance_C'

I am guessing this is the bit that broke it?

Hi there,

sorry you are right it should be compatible with UE4.24 (I confused v0.9.3 with a different version).
I think the error logs you are getting may have to do with the fact that the project in your PC is located in a long path file. Try to copy and paste the project on a different location with a shorter path e.g under C:// drive and try again. I get this error all the time when I am using Unreal Projects under an external SSD with a long path name.

Hey @MariosBikos_HTC,

I think I figured out what was the issue with the last bit. It was the Runtime. I wasn't aware that the runtime is necessary to run the experience. 
It is sort of working now, but the controllers' mapping seems to be wrong(only the trigger seems to be working) so I can't change level. Do you happen to have a more updated script I can use? I am on a Vive Pro.

Edited by ZNMR