ok the elite faceplate doesn't come with the the cable?

cyber_sinxer

just so that its clear the elite faceplate doesn't come with anything? like is it literally just the face plate, I know you have to either buy or have the base stations and wands but what about the cords and link? or am I ok if I have an og Vive and just put the faceplate on is my cosmos good to go?   

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, cyber_sinxer said:

just so that its clear the elite faceplate doesn't come with anything? like is it literally just the face plate, I know you have to either buy or have the base stations and wands but what about the cords and link? or am I ok if I have an og Vive and just put the faceplate on is my cosmos good to go?   

If you already have an OG Vive w/basestations/controllers you should be able to slap the new Elite faceplate onto your OG Cosmos and be good to go with your OG Vive base stations/controllers.  Well, at least after you redo your SteamVR room setup.  I think the new Elite faceplate still comes with a free copy of Half Life Alyx and probably 2-3 months VivePort Infinity sub (which you can add onto your current sub if you have one).  No other cables are included, you can just use your OG Cosmos cables/linkbox.  However, if you want to be able to turn your base stations off from SteamVR with BlueTooth then you may need to purchase a Vive Pro Linkbox because I don't think that the OG Cosmos Linbox (or even the convertor that comes with the Elite bundle) includes BT.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, TomCgcmfc said:

However, if you want to be able to turn your base stations off from SteamVR with BlueTooth then you may need to purchase a Vive Pro Linkbox because I don't think that the OG Cosmos Linbox (or even the convertor that comes with the Elite bundle) includes BT.  Hope this helps.

actually, Elite faceplate is capable of controlling BS by itself 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

actually, Elite faceplate is capable of controlling BS by itself 🙂 

OK, thanks for clarifying that mate.  A few months ago I asked about using my Cosmos wireless with the Elite faceplate and a mod (Vibra?) with my Vive PRo base stations/controllers and I thought he mentioned for me yo keep my Pro LinkBox connected for BT to control my base station power options.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Thanks.