Vive Focus continuously rebooting. How to completely reset the vive?

Hosey

@VibrantNebula @Cotta @jagibson @Jad

Hello guys, I need some serious help here. Vive Focus is boot looping after a newer installation of developing app. I can only access the boot loader menu and tried factory resetting from it.  The system version was 4.0.
Is there any way that Vive Focus can be reset/reinstalled or updated? I heard something like flashing using microSD card. 

Please help!!

@Hosey I'll help you.  First a few questions is this a Focus or Focus Plus?  What firmware version?  

Was the device working as expected before the installation of this app? What is the app and version number that you installed? 

One other thing, from the boot loader menu if you select the reboot option what happens? What screen does it go to?

@JustinVive 
Hi, thanks for response. 

is this a Focus or Focus Plus?

The device is Focus.

What firmware version?  

The system version was 4.0 (rom 1.5.1405.1)

Was the device working as expected before the installation of this app?

Yes, the device was working normally before the installation of the app. Also the app works well with another Vive Focus with updated system version 5.0 (rom 1.69.1405.1).

What is the app and version number that you installed? 

It is a developed app using Unity 2019 with wave sdk 3.1.94. Which smoothly worked on a Vive Focus with updated rom.

One other thing, from the boot loader menu if you select the reboot option what happens? What screen does it go to?

The booting loop continuous even after the reboot option.  The screen shows vive logo and sometimes  goes upto the main viveport menu (when connected to power/pc) then it power offs and restarts.

I've also tried factory reset from the recovery menu. The issue still persists. Can a newer rom installation could change the problem?

Edited by Hosey

• 1 year later...

@Erikges Justin is no longer a staff member.

Does the issue persist after a factory reset?

• Power off device completely
  • Hold power on and volume down together until the bootloader menu appears (~3s)
  • Use the volume button to navigate to "Factory Reset". Select with the "headset" button (left side of headset)

Alot of Focus 3 support is specifically handled via https://business.vive.com/us/support/contactus/.