HTCs explanation about the Cosmos Crappy Tracking

CrakeJ

Sooooo - it's my fault. I put up the white cards even though I had proper lighting in the room - it still complained of environment being too dark at night, so had to do this to make it work! It should just work, right?

And my reply.........(in blue)

image.png.3ecdaabcbddf0741b411da61450bf89e.png

image.png.cc86e1f482b48ce5964c4f66fec1b4fb.png

I actually ended up selling my cosmos on ebay a few weeks ago for about 3 quarters of the price, $950aud and went and bought the quest 2, the elite strap with battery and link cable and still have about 300 left over and have never looked back (till now because i wanted to see if anything progressed in the tracking situation here). It was such a worthwhile upgrade and i have already used it alot more in then i have in a year with the cosmos.

Your not gonna be able to get a refund and i highly doubt they are going to fix this issue because it would require to redesign the controllers to be infrared and new infared camera tracking plate, So i recommend sell it while you still can and get the quest 2. Look up Virtural Desktop and you can stream VR games from your pc wireless over wifi with very little difficulty. It does every thing the vive was meant too and more, (besides base station tracking, though its tracking is almost just as efficient as basestations, just cant put them out of view of the cameras) pretty much half the price, and it does it all much much better.

I totally give up this product and HTC. Terrible company ever....

I always said This product is faulty and they should issue worldwide recall on it but they never do it....ask customer to buy faceplate and external sensor is really bad excuse of ignoring the real faulty issue of its product. Totally guilty and shame on what they did. Be a man, HTC, admit it and worldwide recall.

Main reason: it is not iphone, if it is iphone, many lawsuit on the way. VR gaming is still a very tiny potion of the market....

Tracking is a critical feature in all VR headset. Think about if you bought a iphone/android phone but touch screen randomly stop working ? You should able to replace it for free, right ?

Edited by lam0218
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, hamez88 said:

I actually ended up selling my cosmos on ebay a few weeks ago for about 3 quarters of the price, $950aud and went and bought the quest 2, the elite strap with battery and link cable and still have about 300 left over and have never looked back (till now because i wanted to see if anything progressed in the tracking situation here). It was such a worthwhile upgrade and i have already used it alot more in then i have in a year with the cosmos.

Your not gonna be able to get a refund and i highly doubt they are going to fix this issue because it would require to redesign the controllers to be infrared and new infared camera tracking plate, So i recommend sell it while you still can and get the quest 2. Look up Virtural Desktop and you can stream VR games from your pc wireless over wifi with very little difficulty. It does every thing the vive was meant too and more, (besides base station tracking, though its tracking is almost just as efficient as basestations, just cant put them out of view of the cameras) pretty much half the price, and it does it all much much better.

Fortunately PayPal ruled in my favour and I got my refund. I think mainly because there was a problem with the fan which was very noisy.... I could only play for half hour before it was way too hot.

Cosmos could be great, but they blew it - obviously thought they could get away with it. Still, a new HTC VR device is going through FCC screening just now. I'll probably be a Quest or G2 owner before we find out.

If HTC don't bring the price of their kit down soon, there won't be an HTC Vive at all. 'Modular HMD' - yeah, if you want to pay the price of another HMD to do that.

It's not rocket science @Htc

Edited by CrakeJ

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, i might end up getting the upgrade face plate later down the road when i have the room for the light houses, but until then ill be putting this HMD up bk in the box and i will be buying me a quest 2 or G2, maybe even the valve, sry HTC i gave yall the benefit of the doubt months bk, and yall still havent got the tracking right, its sad other VR's tracking seems to be working like a charm on every game just bout, even sad is the cv1 HTC tracking is better then cosmos lol, how bout replace the damn HMD with better one or offer the elite face plate for free to alrdy owners that still have their's, this is sad, now i see why u dont see many commercial's bout HTC phones LOL go figure

Edited by SteveO
  • Like 1