Vive Hand Tracking with ARcore

Nikolay

Hi! I have a question about hand tracking SDK that is trully important for me. Does Vive Hand Tracking SDK can work with Google ARcore simultaniously on Android? This is really one of the main part for me, and i was searching for another SDK's but they can not work with ARcore at a time. Thanks in advance. @zzy

Hi @Nikolay

Current hand tracking SDK does not work with ARCore. The main problem is that we cannot current get the camera stream while ARCore is running.

We are still investigating how to integrate with ARCore, I believe the ARCore API does provide some level of camera access. But we need to integrate it into our existing binary.

I cannot promise a target date at the moment, but it's indeed on our roadmap for the future.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zzy said:

Hi @Nikolay

Current hand tracking SDK does not work with ARCore. The main problem is that we cannot current get the camera stream while ARCore is running.

We are still investigating how to integrate with ARCore, I believe the ARCore API does provide some level of camera access. But we need to integrate it into our existing binary.

I cannot promise a target date at the moment, but it's indeed on our roadmap for the future.

Okey, thanks for the reply! I will be waiting for the solution, wish you luck.

Edited by Nikolay

• 5 months later...