How do i remove vive trackers? please

SanityGaming

One of them appears as a hexagon in the steam vrbox, , so i want to reset up my vive trackers because im having issues, how do i do this, because i don't know how.

What i've done;
Uninstall steam VR.
Developer settings - remove all steamvr usb devices.
done those 2 things, but my vive trackers still appear under trackers section of steamvr..

Yet they still show up under it, and i don't have to pair them again e.t.c when i turn them on, i want to basically   "FRESH REINSTALL ALL MY VR TRACKERS" if that makes better sense!

linked an image to show what I'm talking about I want them gone

trackers.png

Edited by SanityGaming

@SanityGaming Have you tried this method?

The photo of your compositor shows a hexagon icon which may indicate that you have a custom SteamVR driver installed. Custom drivers may be able to survive uninstalls/reinstalls because it's not part of SteamVR's original manifest and so an uninstall might miss it. Those usually save at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers\"

Have you ever been able to track that tracker normally? Did it work for a while and then start doing this?

On 2/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, HackPerception said:

@SanityGaming Have you tried this method?

The photo of your compositor shows a hexagon icon which may indicate that you have a custom SteamVR driver installed. Custom drivers may be able to survive uninstalls/reinstalls because it's not part of SteamVR's original manifest and so an uninstall might miss it. Those usually save at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers\"

Have you ever been able to track that tracker normally? Did it work for a while and then start doing this?

All 3 body trackers (got 3 ) work fine, but i've been having issues with them now, like in VRCHAT for example, one of them wont even show up as a white orb thingy... it's invisiable, yet works.. so you've got to imagen where the orb placement is..

@SanionOK Sounds like a possible role issue or an application issue.

If you see the trackers - and they track just fine in a blank SteamVR (or when your in the system menu) - than the hardware itself is probably okay and the problem is within SteamVR's configuration.

The main thing you can change in SteamVR is the role. Some roles have quirky behaviors built in (e.g. held in hand which rotates the tracker). Depending on how the application's input has been coded - the problem may be buried in the role system.

It could also be specific to the application - some apps are just coded weird.