COMMON ISSUE track pad breaks wont click!!!

Gypsy_Moonshine

so i just got my htc vive in and not more that a few hours into setup and a few game downloads the track pad on one of my controllers stops clicking upwards so i looked it up and apperantly its a major design flaw a lot of people are noticeing  i was wondering if they where under some sort of warrenty i see "how to fix videos"  all over but i dont want to void the warrenty. these controllers are crazy expensive!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Gypsy_Moonshine,

I can assure you this type of issue is covered under warranty, and will be covered assuming no damage outside the warranty is identified at our repair center.  If you would like, I'd be happy to help you get the ball rolling on setting up a repair. If you'd PM me your name, email address, and phone number and a few details about the issue (such as what area of the touchpad is stuck), I will be able to get things started.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. I reported it to customer services today.

On one controller the D pad seems not to pop back fully and the button on the right of the D pad has stopped functioning. On pressing on that area there is a definite 'squidgey' feeling to it.

What is interesting is, the faulty controller is the one that always registers as left hand. I'm right hand dominant & therefore would have expected the more heavily used right hand controller to show problems first.

When requesting repairs for a faulty controller, (or any other parts for that matter), are we required to send them 'in' for repair? Personally I'd be gutted if I was unable to continue to use my Vive for any period while awaiting repairs. Do they take long?

You will certainly need to send it 'in' to one of our authorized service providers. The actual time required depends on a number of factors and therefore I cannot give you a specific estimate, except to say that usually it will not be unduely long before you have your controller back and in working order.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll help you get the process started.

Thank you,

-John C

Hi. John.

Yes that would be good if you could get the ball rolling, as I have had no other reply from HTC Vive as yet.

How exactly do I go about PM'ing you?

There doesn't seem to be that facility on the pages that I can see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived