VIVE Software 2.0.16.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Software 2.0.16.1 – Beta Release Notes 

Released May 13th2021

[Runtime]

• Updated DX12 support for NV GPUs
  • Fixed SteamVR dashboard display not correct issue (credited to Beta_Tester)
  • Added motion compensation support on AMD GPU
  • Added content view in Mirror Mode

[Vive Lens]

• Performance improvement

[OpenXR]

• Official support for OpenXR in Beta Line
  • Thanks 1

SteamVR doesn't launch with the Vive-Console anymore, which is pretty very annoying as one can imagine since you are so used to it.

And it seems the SteamVR "motion-smoothing" isn't working as good as it did before, if at all. Especially in DCS where I also experience worse performnce compared to the last update, which probably was the best one so far.

KR

/Jonas

Well apparently I have problems with the vive lents and a problem that I no longer know how to solve. I will try to explain a problem, when I want to be in the center of the beginning I appear as on the side, making me out of phase in the games.

I already border the room and doing it again I do not frame. Another problem rather than a problem, a question is it possible to increase the resolution of the viewer without entering steamvr ?, since I notice that it is viable but it gives me the feeling that htc with its proprietary cable does not give it and distortions or losses appear.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, C.T. said:

VIVE Software 2.0.16.1 – Beta Release Notes 

Released May 13th2021

[Runtime]

• Updated DX12 support for NV GPUs
  •  

[OpenXR]

• Official support for OpenXR in Beta Line

Can these changes affect performance? I've tried OpenXR yesterday with Vive Cosmos Elite and my subjective feeling was that performance was better in terms of lower perceptible latency to inputs. I've also switched to SteamVR beta, is OpenXR available also in main branch?

Hi C.T.

While you're at it could you please fix the zoom function for the Desktop browser in the Lens? It stopped working and is a bit on the large side and too close for comfort @-@ 

Thanks,

Fink

11 hours ago, C.T. said:

@cusa123 that's for sure, we will fix the issues before it goes to public. 

@Beta_Testerkindly send me a crash log, would you? thanks in advance 

Sorry if it was misunderstood. 1-Update interface in cosmos vive lents and a current problem is that it disappears or is not properly focused, it is out of date. Problems. 2- is it feasible to connect the vive cosmos with usb-c to the direct gpu ?. Increased resolution apparently in steam appears a rescued .txt to a percentage I drink it much better with data loss artifacts. The question is htc vive cosmos had in itself more resolution?

Edited by cusa123