Vive Pro 2 Wireless Update 3264 x 1632

JW3B

Is there any rough timeframe on when this software update should be available?. All I've read so far is just "after launch" which is very vague.

Not excited to run the pro 2 at 2448x1224 🤮

• 5 months later...

This has been supported for a while.  When wireless mode is turned on you get a choice of "Balanced" mode at 2448x1224 or "High" mode at 3264x1632, both at 90Hz.  I do see that HTC's web pages still stay "coming soon", but I suspect that this is because they are trying to keep this a secret.  BTW, High mode is quite nice.  Definitely blurrier than wired/Ultra, but better than a wireless Index to be sure, and far, far better than my old TP Cast/OG Vive.  Sorry, no 120Hz though.

Edited by Gildahl

18 hours ago, Gildahl said:

This has been supported for a while.  When wireless mode is turned on you get a choice of "Balanced" mode at 2448x1224 or "High" mode at 3264x1632, both at 90Hz.  I do see that HTC's web pages still stay "coming soon", but I suspect that this is because they are trying to keep this a secret.  BTW, High mode is quite nice.  Definitely blurrier than wired/Ultra, but better than a wireless Index to be sure, and far, far better than my old TP Cast/OG Vive.  Sorry, no 120Hz though.

High resolution mode is what I was limited too on the 1080Ti, quite blurry with no screen door effect. When I got the 3080Ti, it became SO much clearer. I also have Wireless and it's a bit of a letdown having to go back to High resolution, but at least we have the wireless as an option. If we had the full 5K wireless, I'd never plug in again, but that wont be possible with this wireless tech. We can dream.

The other issue is no easy way to switch between wired/wireless. Having to keep untangling the cable and disconnecting an akward connector from the HMD. I don't want to keep doing that as it will wear away the connector/socket over time. So I just sit in wired now

Agreed on the limit to high resolution; however, even at High it is much better than my Index and probably the best wireless VR experience currently available.  I can sort of understand this as I suspect they'd need to move to WiGig 2 to support Ultra (though one can hope).  The real shame, however, is that they don't offer a simple coupler to support easy switching between wired/wireless as you point out.  Having to futz with the cover, pad, and put wear/tear on the native internal connector every time I switch is short-sighted indeed; especially when a simple coupler would address that and make the user experience so much better.

Edited by Gildahl