Vive Pro 2 using Wireless Adapter - Bluetooth to my mobile phone

AmazingTechVR

Hi,

I had bluetooth working when it was wired. I could hear calls and speak in the mic and they could hear me. I've now just added the HTC Vive Wireless Adapter, that is all working fine. However, when I go to pair my phone again, Viveport 'Get Started' does nothing and my mobile phone has the VIVE app open. I have tried to unpair the phone and VivePort software, then tried to add it again. Nothing is linking.

Does Bluetooth still work even if I've simply changed over to wireless?

• Like 1

@AmazingTechVR, The linkbox contains the SteamVR specific Bluetooth adapter that communicates with the base stations and other peripherals. The headset only has two radios, and each is dedicated towards one of the controllers which is why controllers work with Vive Wireless out of the box, but power management takes specific setup.

Try plugging in your link-box with just the USB and power connected, no display cable. You actually need to keep the linkbox plugged in if you want to use SteamVR's integrated bluetooth power management system since those radios are in the linkbox.

When using wireless, I recommend having an app based basestation controller as a backup.

1 hour ago, HackPerception said:

@AmazingTechVR, The linkbox contains the SteamVR specific Bluetooth adapter that communicates with the base stations and other peripherals. The headset only has two radios, and each is dedicated towards one of the controllers which is why controllers work with Vive Wireless out of the box, but power management takes specific setup.

Try plugging in your link-box with just the USB and power connected, no display cable. You actually need to keep the linkbox plugged in if you want to use SteamVR's integrated bluetooth power management system since those radios are in the linkbox.

When using wireless, I recommend having an app based basestation controller as a backup.

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I did some searching online and I discovered the Link box has the Bluetooth inside of it, not the HMD. Thank you. It is now working whilst on wireless.

The app you linked is only for v2.0 base stations, not v1.0. I have the base stations on smart plugs anyhow, so I can turn them on/off with the Alexa app.