Grey screen cut out after about 5 mins.

iDan_UK

It sounds like your issue is related to tracking, more so than software. Certain places cause grey-outs (loss of tracking) but only those places?

Have you tried setting it up in a different place to test? Maybe in a different room?

Thanks,

-John C

• 5 months later...

I have a very similar issue.  Works fine for 1-2hours then grey screen if I move my head one way.  Always the same direction.  But its facing away from my lightboxes, so both should be able to see me.  When I'm looking at just one it seems to work OK ?   Has only started in the last few weeks, as its got HOT in Australia (40+degrees) but I'm inside with the air con on.  I've turned off all air con, fans to check that, but no help

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issues.  I've had my vive since launch and it was fine at first but i've started to notice issues about 6 months ago.  Frequent grey screens for about 20 seconds followed by the windows "USB disconnect" sound then a "Reconnect sound" and the screen would come back.  This is now happening ever 2 mins or so.  I have tried a new PC with a 1080 ti and still no luck.  Help?

• 2 months later...

Any updates to this? I am also having a very similar issue with the HTC Pro. The screen will turn all grey after about 5 min of play and will only come back if I reboot SteamVR or the breakout box.  The controllers and base stations remain green but the headset goes to flashing green and says "connected but tracking lost".  Searching around the forums it seems like a few people have had this issue.  I have tried reinstalling SteamVR, disconnecting all other USB devices, disconnecting all secondary monitors, removing and reinstalling the headset USB devices, updating drivers, and even covering my windows.  All the same result, the headset will work perfectly for ~5min and then lose tracking.

I have a Win10 PC (fresh install), AMD2600X, Geforce1080, 16GB RAM,  and a ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F motherboard.  

Archived