(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

6 minutes ago, jackie brown said:

please let us know if the 8kx has it or doesnt so i can start saving up money :)),from what im seeing on forums most lcd hmds have people complaining about this particular issue im not sure if its just the way it should be or idk.

I have the pimax 8kx also,it does have it  but horizontal but its very very very hard to see almost none..

The vive pro 2 when i just got it doesnt had it otherwise i would have send it right back... But now when you move your head its way too much... almost low resolution.. It looks like a first gen headset with this problem!

1 minute ago, cees said:

I have the pimax 8kx also,it does have it  but horizontal but its very very very hard to see almost none..

The vive pro 2 when i just got it doesnt had it otherwise i would have send it right back... But now when you move your head its way too much... almost low resolution.. It looks like a first gen headset with this problem!

same when i got my vp2 for 2 weeks it didnt had it at all and now looks so pixelated only with movement,i opened a ticked and they proly want me to send it for repair but they will 99% send it back with the "its fine" code,did you send your vp2 to technical support?are your cables twisted?my cable is a little twisted.

15 minutes ago, jackie brown said:

are your cables twisted?my cable is a little twisted.

thats not the problem,i tried it wireless it has the same problem...

So its hardware or software related.. But htc are not transparant to their customers.. Its a huge problem.

18 hours ago, cees said:

Still nothing from htc,will there ever come a fix or can we throw our vive pro 2 in the garbage?

return immediately and buy back if there will be a specific announcement fix,i returned mine and ordered an 8kx even if it has it if its not that noticeable i dont mind it,but to the degree it is on vive pro 2 is impossible to ignore and get used to,its so in your face its worse than normal sde in the original vive because you get used to that,but on pro 2 when you stay still you get a pristine picture and to always see it go away and turn into terrible vertical sde is so distracting its like antagonizing me with an amazing picture and take it away from me as soon as i move,trust me i tried to get over it but i just cant and you wouldnt either.

Yup, I had this too.  I'm quite sure it wasn't there when I first got the headset--and seemed to start happening either after an update or possibly after I had left the distribution box on overnight (prior to the email that said to make sure you turn off the box or something will happen you never know what!).  It is quite noticeable and looks like vertical-only SDE.  I returned my headset because of this and because I really didn't want to have to deal with a repair (which, from the comments, probably wouldn't have been acknowledged as an issue anyway).  I'm actually wanting to eventually re-purchase since I really liked the headset otherwise, but really need to have HTC fix this first, and also address the need to manually turn off the distribution box, since there is no way I'm not going to forget to do this from time-to-time or possibly use it longer than whatever the magic time limit is.  Hope there are no businesses using this thing for double-shifts.

Edited by Gildahl

I decided to buy the 8kx, very glad I did!!!! It's awesome, but the funny thing is I quickly noticed lines with movement in that too 😞 Well I contacted Pimax on Monday, they had a great email conversation with me, and now the lines are gone and it's perfect 🙂 I can't go in to how exactly, I was asked not to share how as I assume they will do a more proper version in time (plus you could mess up your HMD if you do wrong setting) but it was fast and effective.

VIVE take note, that is how it's done.

Honestly guys, ditch the Pro 2, I'm glad I had to send it back otherwise I would have missed out on the 8kx. Great headset, sure it's not perfect but I feel it's the best consumer HMD available, and I have first hand experience of tremendous customer support.

• Like 1