Vive Focus 3 - some suggestions.

thedrone

Hi,

So I've been using my Vive Focus 3 for a few days now and must congratulate the team on some very nice engineering - I really enjoy the build quality and the overall experience. If I may, I would like to make some small quality of life recommendations.

1. Widen the bandwidth of the brightness slider; currently setting it to minimum is maybe a 10% decrease compared to maximum. This should help with battery life and lens artifacts.
2. Allow for adjustment of RGB values, for those who prefer a warmer or cooler display.
3. Provide a low power mode with decreased clock speeds, and reduced fan RPM's.
4. The platform appears to be open to games, maybe make this more apparent to developers; porting Quest games seems to be extremely easy.
5. Provide the option for different face gaskets (narrow, wide, glasses, no glasses, PU leather, antibacterial cloth).
6. Allow for y-split controller charging when the headset is turned off and the battery is connected to the mains.

Thanks again for making a really nice headset and I hope to see the platform grow; the hardware deserves widespread adoption.

• Like 1

I just ordered mine today and from what I've seen elsewhere I expect to recommend some of these same things, so... BUMP! 🙂  Really hoping it performs as well as I'm expecting based on the hands-on reviews I've seen from others. I'm hoping to make this my primary headset for at least the next 2 years.

Cool, hope you enjoy it. 🙂

I have  some more suggestions I'm throwing out into the ether, hopefully Vive reconignizes the added value.

7. Allow for navigation using only the button on the left of the HMD using a gaze pointer (similar to Index). Sometimes when seated, the controllers are superfluous and cumbersome. You already built this for the tutorial, why not extend it to include the other menus as well?
8. Make the device mountable in Windows as an external drive to more easily export/import files.
9. Provide some way to charge the battery outside of the headset (external cradle perhaps?) to allow hot swapping of batteries and continous deployment.

• Like 1