Focus 3 - OpenXR support status?

jefmes

On 3/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, tatatatonka_94 said:

Any News? I would love to test the beta for a time critical project.

Anytime soon, early April. 

Update 3/31
You may update to the latest 3.0.999.416 today, and request to join Beta program via here.
OpenXR will be ready to trial after you join the beta program.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tatatatonka_94 said:

Thanks for the Information!

I requested to join the beta, but still did not get any answer.
Any reaction would be nice though.

Best whishes

HQ is currently on holiday, and will be back to process Beta applications on 4/6 TPE time zone. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is this thread still alive? Testing with OpenXR 0.8.0 Preview hasn't seen any updates in a while. 

2019.3.4, 2020.x etc isn't of much value here for various reasons per our projects.

Testing against 2021.3.4LTS updated packages and 2022.1.4f1TS updated packages producing same results -

Results:

Built in RP and URP both build and run fine arm64

Head Tracking works.

Left Controller tracking works. Trackpad works, trackpad button works. Grip value and button works. Trigger does not work. X button works, Y button does not work, Menu button is mis-reported.

Right controller tracks but device anchors are way off. No buttons work.

Tried both action and reference based configurations, added openXR ref to AndroidManifest and tried both unity.XR and waveXR libopenxc_loader.so files. Have verified plugin config in player settings.....

Ideas of what I may be doing wrong here?

On 6/8/2022 at 11:06 PM, VRS3DGuru said:

Is this thread still alive? Testing with OpenXR 0.8.0 Preview hasn't seen any updates in a while. 

2019.3.4, 2020.x etc isn't of much value here for various reasons per our projects.

Testing against 2021.3.4LTS updated packages and 2022.1.4f1TS updated packages producing same results -

Results:

Built in RP and URP both build and run fine arm64

Head Tracking works.

Left Controller tracking works. Trackpad works, trackpad button works. Grip value and button works. Trigger does not work. X button works, Y button does not work, Menu button is mis-reported.

Right controller tracks but device anchors are way off. No buttons work.

Tried both action and reference based configurations, added openXR ref to AndroidManifest and tried both unity.XR and waveXR libopenxc_loader.so files. Have verified plugin config in player settings.....

I would take a look here if you haven't, but it sounds like you're pretty far past the intro basics. 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:06 PM, VRS3DGuru said:

[...]

@VRS3DGuru
There have been several big releases that might be helpful to check out.

For the SDK: https://npm-registry.vive.com/ there is a public 1.0 release of openxr

For the headset ROM version: There is a public release of an openxr-enabled rom if you try checking for updates, you should see it in the list
The release notes for the 5.0.999.514 ROM version are here: https://business.vive.com/release-notes/vive-focus-3/vive-focus-3-software-30999514/

Thank you for the direction, I just saw the update.

I cannot get head tracking to work with XR Interaction Toolkit World Interactions scene. Both Controllers track fine and are accepting input, but headset is frozen in position. It is rendering but no positional tracking. I have tried RunInBackground = 1 in project settings file and also various different configurations of tracked pose driver via input system and also the tracked pose driver component that does not use input system bindings. Neither give me head tracking. I am using OpenXR public 1.0 and the latest firmware release on one headset, also same result on a second headset with the beta firmware. Our use cases depend heavily on OpenXR integrations rather than Wave due to our pipeline with other devices in the same business.

Any Ideas?

Same result on lastest Unity 2021.3.6f1 (LTS) and 2022.1.6f1 (tech stream). they ship with different versions of rendering platform. 

Disregard last, had a rogue camera object deeply nested on a complex model left over from maya export in the scene.

World interaction scene with open xr working great using new input system input action based configuration, except for button mappings for grip A/B, X/Y buttons. Still working on it, will keep you posted.