Focus 3 - Floor detection / tracking not working

Jack83

@Jack83 From my experience the focus 3 is very sensitive to "sunlight" compared to the Oculus Quest 2. 

It is obvious in your Video that the left area of and near the window is overexposed by IR light and as the area is that large the headset has no valid tracking on the left side and has a problem with fixing the space.

I hope HTC works on an adaptive IR sensitivity as it works fine with the Quest (I can use the quest on a cloudy day in the garden ... the Vive Focus does not see anything outside even on a cloudy day). BEWARE: Do not use the headsets in bright sunlight, if you do not want to buy a new one!

@Steve76I know you mean well, but I'm getting a little angry about this matter. The second video shows a normal room without any direct light. Its just a room with a window, the light has to come from somewhere. The tracking is broken in any direction, every room on every lighting condition. Its not just sometimes on some conditions. Its making everyone sick who tries it. 

I have to say that the way HTC is handling this matter is more than disappointing. I was supposed to evaluate if the headset could be used in our project (>100 units), but so far I rather deal with facebook/meta.

I have still not gotten any response on the second repair attempt, so much for a "business" headset

@Jack83 If you have always tracking issues, the have to replace the headset. We have currently 4 headsets within our company and all the headsets have no real problem with tracking. In deed the tracking is more sensitive to changes in the environment and the lighting condition compared to the Quest. However is acceptable from my experiences so far. The only two issue with tracking is that I sometimes lose the guardian while the exchange of the headset between persons and it seems sensitive to a large screen (this I have to test again). 

But call them for a replacement!

That`s what I'm trying to do. I have no phone contact and all I get are new support tickets with people that are telling me to reset the headset and test other rooms. And if I get to send it in, it ends up in Romania in a repair shop with a guy that powers it on, sees the menu and decides that it is working properly. Not kidding, that is the proof they gave me after I asked for it. Its infuriating. 

@HackPerceptionPlease release me from this support nightmare! 

I added pictures as proof that I reset the headset. 

Here are two videos again of the setup. Once in the same room as before, but with blinds closed and lights on. The second in a different room with different floor, blinds open but cloudy day. 
On the second video you can see the jumping guardian when its visible in the home environment. I have to admit its not that visible in the video because of the head movement, but you can see it if you know what you are looking for. The videos are too large for the forum, I had to upload to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vreBGr7xfvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQ2u0qKgYE

IMG_20220318_145456.jpg

IMG_20220318_145541.jpg

IMG_20220318_145930.jpg