VIVE Focus 3 - I m a n00b, sorry, trying to connect to my PC

jaxx1974

Hi all, I bought the VIVE Focus 3 to play some fine VR Steam 3D games but I cant seem to get it done properly.

I noticed that the package did not include any cables to connect to my PC. The headset has 2 x USB 3.2., my computer has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, now I tried to use my own cable USB 3.2 one end and USB 3.0 other end but it doesnt seem to work. When I launch VRSteam I just get a message telling me to plug in my headset which I have actually done. I m complety lost, tried to contact VIVE Support today, the lady there told me that the connection only works with 2 x USB 3.2 both sides so there is no way for me to actually be able to use my headset for streaming games.... Is that really so?

Thank you for your opinions.

Hallo jaxx1974,

hast du VIVE Business Streaming auf deinem PC und Focus 3 installiert, ist es aktuell und gestartet?

VIVE Business Streaming funktioniert auch im 5Ghz WLAN recht gut, wenn der PC direkt am Router angeschlossen ist, allerdings ist das Bild hier noch etwas schlecht.

12 hours ago, jaxx1974 said:

Hi all, I bought the VIVE Focus 3 to play some fine VR Steam 3D games but I cant seem to get it done properly.

I noticed that the package did not include any cables to connect to my PC. The headset has 2 x USB 3.2., my computer has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, now I tried to use my own cable USB 3.2 one end and USB 3.0 other end but it doesnt seem to work. When I launch VRSteam I just get a message telling me to plug in my headset which I have actually done. I m complety lost, tried to contact VIVE Support today, the lady there told me that the connection only works with 2 x USB 3.2 both sides so there is no way for me to actually be able to use my headset for streaming games.... Is that really so?

Thank you for your opinions.

It looks like viwolf already answered, but in case you weren't able to translate, make sure you've installed VIVE Business Streaming on your PC and install the Streaming app on the headset itself, and you should be good to go. 

VIVE Business Streaming | VIVE Business United States

Oh I just took a try, getting an Error message:

Installation failed: Important: SteamVR configuration not found. SteamVR is required for VIVE Business Streaming. Install SteamVR and run once to complete SteamVR installation, then reinstall VIVE Business Streaming. Err: 102

I indeed tried to previously install SteamVR but upon launching the app, I m getting a message to 'plug in my headset', which caused me to post my initial question. 

Is there any solution?

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. Ive downloaded Vive Business Streaming on both my PC and Focus 3 headset, have downloaded Steam VR on my PC and followed the Driver Deployment System installation etc on my PC. However, I am still unable to successfully run Steam VR on my headset. On my PC, Steam VR isn't recognizing the headset when plugged in. Also, when plugged in, when I run Vive Business Streaming on my PC, the error code  330 Error No Supported GPU found comes up. I thought that running the Driver Deployment System would mitigate that problem.

I am completely new at all of this, but so far it has been extremely frustrating and difficult to navigate. Any advice that anyone could provide would be so appreciated! 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:57 AM, CJC said:

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. Ive downloaded Vive Business Streaming on both my PC and Focus 3 headset, have downloaded Steam VR on my PC and followed the Driver Deployment System installation etc on my PC. However, I am still unable to successfully run Steam VR on my headset. On my PC, Steam VR isn't recognizing the headset when plugged in. Also, when plugged in, when I run Vive Business Streaming on my PC, the error code  330 Error No Supported GPU found comes up. I thought that running the Driver Deployment System would mitigate that problem.

I am completely new at all of this, but so far it has been extremely frustrating and difficult to navigate. Any advice that anyone could provide would be so appreciated! 

I don't know if this will help, but if you happen to be on a laptop give this a look - I'm seeing an error "No supported GPU found", what should I do? (vive.com)

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:28 PM, jefmes said:

I don't know if this will help, but if you happen to be on a laptop give this a look - I'm seeing an error "No supported GPU found", what should I do? (vive.com)

Hello, 

I'm having a similar issue, however based on the link it says to change some setting in NVIDIA, but how would you do so if your computer does not have it. 

Thank You. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:45 PM, YJoanne said:

Hello, 

I'm having a similar issue, however based on the link it says to change some setting in NVIDIA, but how would you do so if your computer does not have it. 

Thank You. 

You would need to find a similar option for whatever GPU you're using, make sure it's forcing the system to use the discrete GPU whenever possible. If you're able to tell me what model of laptop you have and what kind of GPU I might be able to point you in the right direction.