Noob - Base/Lighthouse questions

wOOOOt

So I got my Vive - and loving it!

But due to my room shape and distances, I am having problems with the Bases.

So 3 noob questions:

A. Can I buy an extra Base to cover those dead/dark angles where my 2 current bases cannot see? Can the Vive run with 3 bases?

B. Does anyone have experience with having more than 5 meters/15 feet between the 2 bases? Would it still work fine with 5,5 or 6 meters? I can ofc. experiment, but that means a lot of holes in the walls lol.

C. I have a 3x4 meter floorspace. But I cannot place the the bases in opposite corners. So will the bases still cover the room, if they are on the two opposite center positions? 

wrote:

So I got my Vive - and loving it!

But due to my room shape and distances, I am having problems with the Bases.

So 3 noob questions:

A. Can I buy an extra Base to cover those dead/dark angles where my 2 current bases cannot see? Can the Vive run with 3 bases?
NO

B. Does anyone have experience with having more than 5 meters/15 feet between the 2 bases? Would it still work fine with 5,5 or 6 meters? I can ofc. experiment, but that means a lot of holes in the walls lol.

People have been known to have bigger areas but then the cable length becomes a problem. 

C. I have a 3x4 meter floorspace. But I cannot place the the bases in opposite corners. So will the bases still cover the room, if they are on the two opposite center positions?
Yes should cover the majority of the floor 

• 8 months later...

Archived