VIVEPORT /no disk space?!

teraVolt

Hi,

hope you can help:

VIVEPORT won't launch properly from within the VIVE-MainMenu.

First it loads, background changes. Menu pops up, Menu states my harddrive was out of space - which it definitely is not. I set the proper Library-Download-Location to my 2nd partition (D: >700GB free space) and even on C: there is >80GB of free space (just saying.)

The "OK"-Button (or whatever it is) is displayed BLACK only, so I can not read what it says. Clicks are not accepted.

I have to shut down and restart steamVR manually to return to Main Menu.

Any hints?  Thanks!

:smileyhappy:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey John,

sorry for replying so late.

I captured a short video of the error occuring, download: https://we.tl/mUNoHn8Pvv

Please excuse the bad quality....

It sais: "Couldn't download app. Your computer doesn't have enough available space. To download this app, make more space. Then try again."

BackgroundInfo: ALready before this message appeared I had moved many apps within steam (properties --> change location) from C:\ to D:\ - could it be possible, that Viveport still thinks there was not enough space to install / launch?

Thanks for your advise.

Best, Kai

SOLVED

I updated the VIVE-desktop-app AND found some files still pending for download - I stopped those downloads, restarted and finished them - et voilá -  viveport works again.

:smileyhappy:

SOLVED

Archived