Vr games crashing after installing vivecraft

verdas

I have been using vr for a while now on a high end pc, 5800x and 3070, but I recently wanted to use vivecraft to play minecraft vr but I am now experiencing frequent freezes and crashes. It started with vivecraft crashing my entire pc and now steamvr is so laggy that I can't play any games, and even if I do load in my game just freezes after about a minute. Can anyone provide solutions?

@verdas With these types of random framerate issues - it's usually needle in the hack-stack scenario, and sometimes when you find the needle - the problem still doesn't fix itself for whatever reason.

It almost sounds like you a picked up something malicious?

On the extreme end, I recommend preforming a clean windows install/"reset this PC" -  it's usually wayyyyyyyy faster to just quickly re-install Windows. This will likely fix the framerate problem, while also just generally making your PC faster overall while possibly adding some protection if your system is compromised.

I'm not super familiar with Vivecraft specifically, but launching a specific app shouldn't affect SteamVR beyond the session. The VR app just creates a "pipe" to stream content to the headset, and the pipe is closed when the app is closed and SteamVR will fall back to the default SteamVR environment/home. Vivecraft is opensource so iono about the app itself being a virus if you're getting it from the official download. If the problem was with the app (Vivecraft) itself, I might suspect to see other reports of this online but I can't

(Your computer sounds like it's acting sktechy and I'd nuke the OS without second thought if it were my system)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, verdas said:

I have been using vr for a while now on a high end pc, 5800x and 3070, but I recently wanted to use vivecraft to play minecraft vr but I am now experiencing frequent freezes and crashes. It started with vivecraft crashing my entire pc and now steamvr is so laggy that I can't play any games, and even if I do lo https://9apps.ooo ad in my game just freezes after about a minute. Can anyone provide solutions?

issue got solved!