Vive Wireless Flickering / Artifacting Issue (PCIE 2.0 compatibility?)

Falconpunch

Hello all, 

Hoping to compare notes on an issue I've experienced with the Vive Wireless Adapter (og Vive)

I've switched to a new computer and am experiencing flickering / artifacting when I boot up the Wireless connection. This happens about 70-80% of the time that I boot up Steam VR on a wireless connection, where it works fine on occasion. No issues with non-wireless, and no issue on my old computer. 

I believe I have narrowed down the issue to either the Wigig card or my motherboard, as HTC has already repaired (replaced) the headset adapter module. 

Here are my new system specs:

Intel Core i7-13700KF Processor
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB 

32G DDR5 RAM

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX

My old PC specs:

I7 4790K

Gigabyte VISION RTX 3060 TI

16gb DDR3

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 motherboard

On my new PC, I have tried to set the BIOS to "Auto" and "gen 2" compatibility as it's naturally a PCIE 4.0 motherboard, but the flickering persists. I've also tried playing around with the PCIE gen utility in the Vive Wireless folder (I presume this changes the PCIE gen from 2.0 to 3.0, but neither enabling or disabling it seems to do much). 

Has anyone experienced this flickering issue due to PCIE 2.0 incompatibility with the Vive Wireless, and any experience fixing this? 

Cheers.