USB C 3.2 2x2 not working, only USB C 3.2 (1)

3DpTD

Hi, I'm streaming with the official VIVE streaming cable from my desktop.  I use a Z590-A Prime motherboard.  With the USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C port (labeled ss 20) with the cable, I can't get the computer (or XR Elite) to detect each other. It does charge tho (unsure at what speed).

When I connect to the mainboards USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port (labeled "10), it does connect and I can stream and all that. But it's not charging fast enough it seems.  Can anyone give me some tips on why my faster USB port isn't supported? or am I doing something wrong?  I got latest BIOS installed, but I'm not sure if I need some USB drivers, cant seem to find any though Asus AI suite updated.

Thank you!

• 7 months later...

I have the same weird problem, but I use 2 different USB-C to USB-A adapters as I don't have any USB-C port, with one adapter it charges but doesn't detect the computer, with the other adapter it works fine but it doesn't charge.

Probably the adapter which works forces the Elite to USB 2 compatibility.

MSI X99 mother board, using the high power USB 3.0 ports.

I just retried after the update to see if the USB connectivity really improved but nothing changed at all.

• 2 weeks later...