Scene understanding example Vive openXr plugin - windows

marianna_pizzo

Hi, 

I am using Unity 2021.3.15f1, after following the steps for installing the vive openxr plugin and enabling the meshing subsystem and scene understaning openxr feature, If i press play this three errors appear:

DllNotFoundException: MeshingFeaturePlugin assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingTeapotFeature.OnSessionCreate (System.UInt64 xrSession) (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingTeapotFeature.cs:65)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Features.OpenXRFeature.ReceiveNativeEvent (UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Features.OpenXRFeature+NativeEvent e, System.UInt64 payload) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.5.3/Runtime/Features/OpenXRFeature.cs:630)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.OpenXRLoaderBase.ReceiveNativeEvent (UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Features.OpenXRFeature+NativeEvent e, System.UInt64 payload) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.5.3/Runtime/OpenXRLoader.cs:628)
(wrapper native-to-managed) UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.OpenXRLoaderBase.ReceiveNativeEvent(UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Features.OpenXRFeature/NativeEvent,ulong)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.OpenXRLoaderBase.StartInternal () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.5.3/Runtime/OpenXRLoader.cs:334)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.OpenXRLoaderBase.Start () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.5.3/Runtime/OpenXRLoader.cs:318)
UnityEngine.XR.Management.XRManagerSettings.StartSubsystems () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.management@4.2.0/Runtime/XRManagerSettings.cs:401)
UnityEngine.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettings.StartXRSDK () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.management@4.2.0/Runtime/XRGeneralSettings.cs:183)
UnityEngine.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettings.AttemptStartXRSDKOnBeforeSplashScreen () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.management@4.2.0/Runtime/XRGeneralSettings.cs:158)

DllNotFoundException: MeshingFeaturePlugin assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingTeapotFeature.SetSceneComputeConsistency (VIVE.SceneUnderstanding.XrSceneComputeConsistencyMSFT consistency) (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingTeapotFeature.cs:102)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingBehaviour.Start () (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingBehaviour.cs:111)

UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingTeapotFeature.SetSceneComputeOrientedBoxBound (UnityEngine.Transform transform, UnityEngine.Vector3 extent) (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingTeapotFeature.cs:121)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingBehaviour.SetSceneComputeOrientedBoxBound () (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingBehaviour.cs:250)
UnityEngine.XR.OpenXR.Samples.MeshingFeature.MeshingBehaviour.Update () (at Assets/Samples/VIVE OpenXR Plugin - Windows/1.0.10/SceneUnderstanding Example/Meshing Subsystem Feature/MeshingBehaviour.cs:209)

Also everytime I exit from the playmode unity crashes.

Anyone is able to help me understanding what I am missing?

@marianna_pizzo, did you see "MeshingFeatureaPlugin" shown in Assets? This pluing should be imported as well when you import our scene understanding example.

I guess some error happens before this "MeshingFeatureaPlugin" is successfully copied to Assets.

Thank you for the answer. A fresh project fix all the error. Now the "MeshingFeature" scene show the mesh of the room when i press the grip button on the controllers and spheres collides with the mesh.

Now how can I procede for the scene understanding? The readme says:

## How to use VIVE OpenXR SceneUnderstanding Unity Feature
For the available OpenXR SceneUnderstanding functions, please refer to **SceneUnderstanding.cs**.
1. Refer to **MeshingTeapotFeature.cs** which is modified from **Meshing Subsystem Feature** sample code provided by **OpenXR Plugin** for supplying a mesh from native code with OpenXR SceneUnderstanding functions.
2. Refer to **meshing_provider.cpp** under Assets\MeshingFeaturePlugin\Native~\ for generating mesh part.
3. Refer to **MeshingBehaviour.cs** for drawing mesh part.

I don't have a **SceneUnderstanding.cs** script. Can you suggest the steps we should do to see the scene understanding demo?

Thank you,

Marianna.