Resolution flickering

10 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

It requires access permission.

Sry, fixed.

You said it is gone then later on it came back again?

Yeah. It all happened during the day. 

Is the problem still happening on the same PC(number 7)?

That's right. The other six devices are fine.

Steam account matters?

As I said - nope.

18 hours ago, JD-Alx said:

Yeah. It all happened during the day.

Could you think of any possible root cause if it only happened during the day?

Such as surrounding environment?
Did you ever switch number 7 location with other PC and try?

7 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

Could you think of any possible root cause if it only happened during the day?

No, I've run out of ideas.

7 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

Such as surrounding environment?
Did you ever switch number 7 location with other PC and try?

I've already explained that. Ok, one more time.... After reinstalling the operating system the problem went away (it was only in the Steam VR menu - when I was moving the controller in the VR menu the resolution dropped, when I stopped the controller it was fine), the video shows how it was. Further, at some point in the day I decided to install The Scream, and noticed that there the problem returned. Next, I checked the rest of the apps, including VR Home, and noticed that the problem was everywhere. As I said I tried swapping computers before - that didn't help. 

On 6/6/2024 at 3:04 PM, VIVE_chengnay said:

Hi @JD-Alx,

Could you confirm that at the beginning of the day, the problem does not exist?

I said..... this problem now exists ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE. It wasn't there at the beginning of the day only after reinstalling the system, but later it came back.

On 6/4/2024 at 3:41 AM, JD-Alx said:

Ok guys, I did reinstall Windows (I put 10 on this time) and.... The flickering is gone! But it was still there when opening the menu and was happening while moving the controller through the menu. You can't see it very well, because it's hard to capture it with a smartphone, and video recording in the helmet doesn't work, only screenshots (can you tell me why, by the way?). In the video you can clearly see that when I look at the wall - there is no flickering, if I did so before reinstallation - it would be: https://drive.google.com/file/d/187vEB7K7i4qSeh16J1QNKsrSJl8Q0aoJ/view?usp=drivesdk.
Everything was fine until after another PC reboot I logged into a different Steam account and installed The Scream app (I don't think this point matters, but still). There I noticed that THE SAME FLICKER came back!!! And now it's everywhere again, and in the Steam room, including on both accounts. Can you explain what's going on with my hardware???

The video file that you shared in this post is current situation? Or just before it came back?

17 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

The video file that you shared in this post is current situation? Or just before it came back?

Before it came back.

16 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

After revising older posts, you mentioned that you swapped two computers, do you mean swap the hardware component parts? 

The first thing I did was swap two system units, not components, to eliminate the influence of the HTC wireless hardware and base stations. Next, I swapped the video cards and PCI-e wireless adapter. All to no result.

16 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

Are all your 7 computers with same PC specifications?

Five computers with i5-12400F + RTX 3050, one with i5 8-8400 + 1050ti, one (problematic) with i7-8700 + 1080.

11 hours ago, JD-Alx said:

The first thing I did was swap two system units, not components, to eliminate the influence of the HTC wireless hardware and base stations. Next, I swapped the video cards and PCI-e wireless adapter. All to no result.

Hi @JD-Alx,

To clarify your test case result further, I would like to use simple naming as follows,

For PC, PC1 to PC7

For Vive Pro equipment, VP1 to VP7

Swapping two system units, do you mean by PC7 to VP6(or any other VP devices) and the problem still occurs on VP6?

Or the problem stays on VP7 when connected to other PCs?