Unity 3D Colliders bug after Steam latest update

I'm developing in unity 3D (2021.3.15f1) with HTC Vive Pro, suddenlly after the last update of Steam VR (2.5.5 - I have already contacted them and they pointed at this direction) At first when I entered Play mode the hands started jumping around, similar as when a base station is Off. If I press the Menu of the controllers On and Off they stop jumping but the collider detection of the hands won't work anymore... everyting is up to date. After the "shaking" hands if I press the Menu button they stop, but cease to collide. I noticed that changing the mask collider of the hands to "nothing" stopped the jitter but obviously all the colliders got messed up, my project depends on those...I'm also sending a video with unexpected behaviour of the colliders; the video shows  that the controller is not in the right spot when the teleporting image tutorial is up, then if the hand gets close to any collider it moves erratically but only until an interactible object is grabbed, then after grabbing any  it looses its colliders (apparently). I know this because a have another object that triggers sounds when the hand collides with it and this one only works if I have not grabbed any other object from the scene. Any advice will be appreciated thank you.

Hi @VIVE_chengnay,

Thank you for your reply, my firts move was to contact Staem VR support and after many messages this is what I got:

"Thanks for the additional context about the issue.

Please note that there's no option to go back to the previous version.

Also to continue, we'll be needing a SteamVR System Report. Start by making sure that your VR devices are connected to the host computer and their power sources. If possible, make sure your controllers are powered on and paired..."

------------------------------------

" Sorry you're having issues with your hardware.

It seems like you're using non Index VR devices that we can only provide limited support.

We recommend you to contact HTC support with the following link. They can best assist you in this case:..."

I restarted Steam VR many times, I even got it reinstalled and nothing. Thanks again.

On 6/8/2024 at 3:30 PM, VIVE_chengnay said:

Is your issue existed in all VR content including SteamVR Home?

Hi sorry for the late reply ... its only happening inside unity (play mode)

14 hours ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

Hi @Kb2,

Could you try creating a sample project and see if the issue still exists?

If yes, could you share the sample project for further investigation?

Thanks!

Hi @VIVE_chengnay,

I just did and it is not happening over the new project...something changed in mine after the update, I tried to delete and re import the Player prefab but did not work, I notice straight away that something is wrong when entering playmode and the teleprting tutorial controller is out of place, there is an image link below, thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ytpvXm9z64w41gXr2wL197OxLZcWifF/view?usp=sharing 

Carlos

Hi @Kb2,

If new project cannot reproduce the issue, then I suspect there must be something wrong with your project.

Could you try create new empty scene with only Player prefab in your project?

If issue still exists, please close your Unity and delete Library folder and launch Unity and let it regenerates.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:56 PM, VIVE_chengnay said:

Hi @Kb2,

If new project cannot reproduce the issue, then I suspect there must be something wrong with your project.

Could you try create new empty scene with only Player prefab in your project?

If issue still exists, please close your Unity and delete Library folder and launch Unity and let it regenerates.

Hi @VIVE_chengnay,

Thank you for your help, I did that and noticed that there were some out of place gigantic colliders that came from nowhere, basically the entire room was inside a collider that caused the erratic hand behaviour... thanks again and I hope this post will help anyone else having strange situations.

• Thanks 1