Question regarding testing lenses

Marmoto

Hello an please sorry if this is a silly question. I just bought the HTC Vive in the US, but my gaming laptop is in my country. The only laptop I have with me is a 13 inches MacBook PRO. I would like to know if without a proper PC with a good gpu is there any way to test if the le sea are working. This is because Intravel back in 2 days and will be basically stuck with the purchase without any chance to exchange it.

Thank you very much, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

When you say "test the lenses" what do you mean? So long as they aren't scratched they should be fine. Are you speaking of the displays? Either way, see if you can find someone who is willing to let you use their computer for 30 minutes. That should be enough time to install SteamVR and test it out.

Thanks,

-John C

Thanks for the answer. I meant the display as I think they should be the more delicate parts to test. Sadly I am on my own I the US at the moment and the only computer I have is the MacBook. Would it be feasible to test it using the MacBook?

I don't know if it would work. You could try it. You'll need SteamVR, but I don't think the drivers will be compatible.

You might be able to convince a retailer to let you test the HMD since that's the part you're concerned about.

Thanks,

-John C

Archived