Getting Started in Fallout 4 VR

Here is a sneak peak at what Fallout 4 is like within the Vive courtesy our friends at Bethesda:

Release Date: Monday, December 11 at 7 PM EST

System Specs

Note: The Vive community team recommends that Nvidia users update to the FO4 optimized 388.59 WHQL drivers and ensure that asynchronous reprojection is enabled and that interleaved reprojection is disabled within SteamVR's performance settings. 

MINIMUM: 

• Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD RX Vega 56 or better
  • Storage: 30 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD RX Vega 64
  • Storage: 30 GB available space

Tips and Tricks

• Movement and Comfort Options: You can choose your preferred movement in Fallout 4 VR. The game will default to teleportation mode, but you can switch over Direct Movement by simply going into Main Menu -> Settings -> VR -> and toggling Direct Movement on. Fallout 4 VR also includes other player options like left-handed mode, vignette settings to make smooth locomotion even more comfortable. For players who choose to play in a smaller room scale, you can use World Rotation options to snap turn left and right without needing to turn all the way around. Also optional Activation Helpers help players be more precise when picking up objects or interacting with the world. You can adjust any of these options anytime by going into the game’s “Main Menu” and selecting “Settings” and then “VR.”
  • Favorites Menu: To quickly access your favorite weapons and items, you can rotate and select them by rotating your thumb on the touchpad.
  • V.A.T.S. is completely redone so you can aim and move around your targets in real time, while the world and enemies around you slows down. The camera is always in the player’s control for optimum comfort.
  • Pip-Boy: Your Pip-Boy is now a realistic extension of your arm and wrist. Simply raise your arm and turn your wrist to see your Pip-Boy appear in game. Even scale the size of the Pip-Boy. If you’re going for maximum comfort, you can display the Pip-Boy as a projected menu for even easier access.
  • Weapons: For melee weapons or tactics like gun bashing, simply swing the primary controller to knock out your enemies. Realistically aim and shoot using ranged weapons or be even more precise with Iron Sights. Also don’t forget, you can throw grenades at your foes by squeezing and holding the side grips of the primary controller and then releasing when you’re ready to throw. Quickly reload by tapping the side grips.
  • Settlements: Scroll through the building pieces with one controller while the other controller can be used to move around items around. Players can scrap items the same way. You can move around in Workshop Mode by teleportation to make building structures even faster.

That looks great. From my understanding it was released out today and is certainly available on Steam. However, I entered my Bundle Code in a couple weeks ago and have not found a way to verify that Fallout 4 is a part of my library and can now be downloaded.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Update:

Found out how to obtain Fallout 4 VR. I needed to find the original confirmation email about the successful code submission. It provides another code that you then use in the Steam Client by selecting Add Game and then entering the Code. Simple once you know the process.

I don't recall getting the email  but the code is also provided when initially entering the Bundle Code at vive.com/code. Then, in the STEAM Menus, going to "Games" Menu and then select "Activate a product Code" Put in the code from either the pop-up when you redeemed, or from the confirmation Email and Fallout 4 Vr will be added to the game library, where it can then be installed.

It was pretty confusing, and took me a lot of trial and error to figure it out. I kept expecting it to show up on the Vive page, and tried locating my confirmation # on the vive site.

Archived