Vive Trackers Affecting Wi-Fi Connection

FullBodyEdition

I recently purchased 3 Vive Trackers hoping to have fun with full body experiences in VRChat. Since I've been connecitng them, I've been noticing connection problems happening more frequently. At first, I thought it was because of the explosion in popularity. However, whenever I played a game that didn't use the trackers, I maintained a perfect connection. 

I narrowed it down to the Vive trackers specifically by opening up a browser page before turning the trackers on. I turn the trackers on in VR, and sure enough, I lose my internet connection. When I turn off SteamVR, the page loads immediately after the trackers are off.

I've tried reconnecting the trackers' hubs to different USB ports, avoiding USB 3.0 ports, and I still have connection problems. I'm at my wits end.

Specs:
Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros AR9827

Win10 Pro 64bit

Intel Xeon E3 1231 3.40ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM 799mhz

GTX 1080

Hi ,

Vive trackers (and controllers) all operate on Bluetooth which is standardized at 2483.5 MHz.  Each additional bluetooth device you activate will generate additional co-channel interference and once the  interference becomes too great it will affect functionality. This can affect WiFi that's broadcast over 2.4ghz. There is additional environmental 2.4ghz interference that also factors in if you live in an urban area with numerous WiFi hotspots. The easiest solution  is to switch your WiFi router to broadcast in 5GHz mode. 

Archived