New constant stuttering issue

Dreamager

OK, so I last used VR on the 10th feb to test out assetto corsa and see if I can get things running well. I go to use it today and on the steam vr home screen there is constant stutter, which carries on over to games. I am on the same 17.12.1 driver for my rx480 as I was previously, and nothing else has changed other than steam vr updates. Is anyone else having this problem? It makes using VR impossible, so I need to figure out if it's a steam vr fix that needs to come through, or something I should be trying to sort.

Edit: it's an asynchronus reprojection issue, as turning 'allow' off instantly improves the framerate to normal

Everything was working fine with reprojection on or off before this (i think feb 13th) steam vr update. Now with reprojection set to allow it has major stuttering. Looking at steamvr discussion board there are other people that have mentioned it but it hasn't swamped the messages there, so maybe there's another common factor like radeon vs nvidea etc

Edit: I didn't think to test before, but I was using steamvr Beta, and reverted to non-Beta and that does not have the problem. So the stuttering problem is only on the latest beta release currently, so maybe not something to worry about here

Hi John,

After updating to the newest SteamVR build, both of our development machines (identical specs) are experiencing stuttering in VR applications also. We tested that this does not happen with the previous SteamVR build (by using the second machine's SteamVR before updating it), and regardless of GPU driver version. This is also regardless of which SteamVR settings that are enabled, and we are not using the beta. Curiously, turning the VR dashboard on and then off again fixes the stuttering, but still, this is very annoying and is halting our development process.

Is there any way to revert to a prior version of SteamVR?

Here is a sample system report from one of the machines:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4db2bbe811c8e3f0dc70bc02ab3e2e7b

Archived