Bad Customer Service

HaitianHeisenberg

This is my follow up post....

Yup I still don't have a working HTC Vive due to a missing Base Station that HTC has now owned longer than I.  Don't know about the type of customer service everyone else has been experiencing by mine has been a complete nightmare.  If anyone is familiar with my case they are probably shaking their heads right now.  Just look at the rest of my post (Bricked Base Station) and you will see.  I have even been offered a phone call to ensure me that they are going help me out....but instead no one called.  We are approaching the end of March and my Base station has been broken since the end of January, and I bought the Vive on Christmas holiday.  I will say it again, if it cost a customer $700 to by a product and a part of that product failed in less than one month.  It would make sense to replace that $130 item to satisfy the customer.  Instead I am left with a "Virtually" useless HTC VIVE....Thanks

You have my condolences. I've had a ticket open for 2 weeks now and haven't heard anything back dispite the claim of "we will be contacting you soon" The thumb pads on my controlers stoped letting me click on them, which from everyone I've talked to in various VR coumnities is a very common problem, and it seems getting them fixed is quite the pain in the butt. You would think Vive's efforts to position themselves as the "premium" "high end" VR system on the market would have a focus on customer service to keep good word of mouth going, but it seems like it is a low priority for them.

• 1 month later...

I bought a Vive headset in late January and less than two months later, one of the base stations starts to not work. I sent the base station almost 2 months ago on March 5th for repairs. They got it 2 days later and I have heard nothing since then. I've contacted customer support numerous times and ask what's happening, and they have all told me to wait for a case manager reply within 24-48 hours. I've been told this 5 times and every single time, I haven't gotten any response from the case manager. I asked if I could get a replacement for the base station, I was told two different reasons, by the same person, as to why it can't be replaced, one being that it didn't fall under their policies, even though I was told my Vive and everything else is under warranty, and it says in their repair terms and conditions, that products under warranty will be repaired or replaced. This is absolutely outrageous and I'm so done with this, all I want is to play with the headset I paid $600+ for, and I'm out of patience. I demand an answer soon, and I demand results as well because this is probably the absolute worst customer service I've ever seen.

I feel you on this one. My Vive recently stopped working despite having it repaired just a few months earlier and that one repair took over a month because they didn't keep replacement parts in stock. I'm dreading having to pay another $300 and wait another month+ just to have it functional again... I'm probably just going to buy a different brand and be done with this. Either way, I'm currently stuck with a $1,100 brick.

Best of luck to you. I wish I could offer more help than just affirming your complaints.

Archived