Error 208

jeremy.mckee

Got everything setup and the Vive worked well for a couple hours. At some point however, the system began giving me an Error 208 and has not functioned since. I have used the DisplayPort as well as the DVI with adaptors, used different HDMI cables, reinstalled all the Vive software including everything from Viveport and SteamVR, bypassed the linkbox and plugged in the headset directly to the tower, rolled back to previous GPU drivers, and used different USB Ports ALL to no avail. The only life I have seen out of the headset is whenever I reboot it. The eyepieces will flicker green for a moment before the Error 208 shows up. The system worked flawless for a few hours beforehand, so I do not know what changed in the time I was gone, but nothing I have tried has yielded any results. Steam Support wasn't ableto be of help, so hopefully I can get some answers here.I have my monitor and Vive hooked up too my GPU. I'm running a GTX 1060 3GB.

I already tried cutting the linkbox out of the equation as far as the USB and HDMI are concerned. Still no luck. I talked with Steam support and they said based off the SystemReport that the USB is connecting without issue but the HDMI is not being read at all.

Archived