Immersion and VR Questionnaire for developers

CrackPants

Hi all, since I can't post in the developer forums, I thought I'd post it here in the hopes that the developers can see it.

I'm currently in the process of writing my Master's thesis in Interactive Digital Media. My thesis is about using theories of immersion and level design to improve VR presentations for commercial and internal use. Now I want to hear what you, the VR developers, think about this topic, so I've created a questionnaire. The questionnaire will take no more than 5 minutes of your time.

https://goo.gl/forms/EzytgDmbmlm9988k2

This questionnaire uses a specific definition of immersion as its foundation; immersion as a systematic and perceptual response by the user. What this means is that the user is further immersed through better technology and that immersion is likewise created as a perceptual response, i.e. if the user interacts with a car within the virtual world, opens the door and sits on the driver seat, the visual and auditory ques, like the sound of sitting on the leather seat, stimulates the users other senses and creates a more immersive experience.

The questionnaire is completely anonymous, and your responses will only be used for this thesis.

Thank you for your participation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again guys, sorry to bother you guys again, I'm just about to wrap-up my survey, I'm closing it by the end of tomorrow. So if any of you who haven't filled it out yet, I'd very much appreciate your participation.

Thanks to you all again!

Archived