Left Controller loses tracking after 4 to 5 mins of play

geralde.givens

Hey,

I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I always lose tracking on the left controller after a few minutes of play. 

I have repaired them. I have reinstalled SteamVR. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have read every forum and tried every fix and I still lose tracking on the left controller. I went so far as to break out my spair controller and paired it. Same issue with that controller as well. I paired the right and then the left. Always the left controller just stops responding mid game.

Restarting steam does nothing. The controller never reconnects. 

I have to restart the whole system to get both controllers to work. Then I start to play and it goes out again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have run into the same issue and found temp fix where if I identify the controller then calibrate it (all while still in game) it will work again for a while. After doing this 3 or 4 times, it stopped malfunctioning. I am not currently at home to see what version is SteamVR I am running.

• 11 months later...

I get the same thing, but only in some games!

It is not controller specific, but it is always the left controller that stops working after 5 minutes.

It happens in Ubisoft's latest shooter, I forget what its called, and it happens in LA Noire.

All other games, its does not happen.