Help! Bust Buy has HMD stock right now. I don't have lighthouses though, and they cost a crap ton.

Bust Buy has HMD stock right now. I don't have lighthouses though, and...

TLDR: Does any one know where I can pick up base stations and light houses at a reasonable price?

Hello everyone

Sometimes I wish an exec could see these things. I feel like stupid things like the abusrd pricing would get resolved. I don't understand who can look at the pricing and think it's a good idea. Lighthouses and controllers cost more than just buying a brand new vive gen 1.  I try so hard to not be salty but come on man. That's incredibly dumb. I just don't understand it.

I contacted support, and they were very nice, but they're like "Sorry I can't add a bundle without an HMD". Like cool story man. I would have hoped you'd be just a hair more capable than myself. Maybe have some pricing over rides.

Thanks.

I didn't know you could just buy the HMD by itself.  If its the Pro, at this point in time I wouldn't recommend it.  The pro hmd only is more aimed at those that already own the vive so have the base stations and controllers.  About 3 weeks ago a UK reseller had the pro, version 2 basestations and new controllers listed for around £1400 but this has since been removed.

At the moment its actually a much better deal to buy the full package and then buy a pro headset than it is to buy the pro headset, and then base stations and 2 controllers (infact it's probably cheaper).  But tbh if you don't have anything now, its just not not worth it.

Archived