Anyone please tell me can HTC Vive will run on dell inspiron 7567 1050 4GB?

stormac

i have a dell inspiron 7000 gaming series model 7567 with GTX 1050 4GB. does it run or compatible with HTC Vive? i heard HTC Vive is having some issues specifically with this model and Oculus Rift may having some troubles too with specifically this model. can you please help me on this matter? a guy on youtube is running it on same laptop but on 1050ti
LINK: 

, That particular laptop is actually controversial in the VR community - In short, it works for a few  (not well) and doesn't for most others due to a setting buried deep within Nvidia's settings. In general, a GTX1050 is a similar equivalency to a GTX 960. Overall, it's under minimum spec, especially for most newer experiences and I wouldn't recommend it at all. I won't go so far to say it won't work as it seems like others have gotten it to boot, but I simply wouldn't recommend it given how underpowered this card is - The UX won't be smooth. The 1050ti has had more luck with the community, but it too is underpowered and will drop frames on most experience. Overall, while the cards may be able to "work", they're likely missing a ton of frames and are leaning heavily on interpolation to work. 

So what do you suggest then? I can't replace the laptop right now. What are the choices, should i go for oculus rift?? I heard it got more issues than htc vive. I am buying it for developing purpose making an application for autism.

Archived