Poor tracking when using TWO lighthouses.

autolockon

So ive been using my vive without any significant issue for a long time now, but within this past week i noticed my tracking really started to degrade. basically the headset constantly "jitters" back and forth. ive checked the mounting(theyre duct taped light crazy to the walls now), adjusted the positions of the lighthouses in the room, covered reflective surfaces, and even used the sync cable. nothing makes a difference, EXCEPT using only one lighthouse. 

i have 3 lighthouses. one of them was sent to me by a CS rep a while ago to use when i had to send an existing one in on account of the button on the back being stuck, and was allowed to just keep it. So ive tried all 3 of the lighthouses, all with the same results. 1 lighthouse = no jitters and no lost tracking, 2 lighthouses = constant jitter and loss of tracking. 

i switched to the beta steam vr and it hasnt made any difference. i can hardly find any similar info on the web, and its really disheartening. i dont know what to do :(

yes, as single light houses on channel A they all work fine(or at least seem to). i have no IR stuff going on in my room either. remember this only cropped up over the past week as well, which makes me especially confused as nothing has changed whatsoever in what i have in my room. 

if your suggestion is for me to take my entire gaming set up and drag it all into another room, plug it all back in, remount the lighthouses to the walls and then take it all back down again and bring it back into the previous room just so i can try it out you have got to be kidding me lol 

You don't have to mount the base stations to anything to use them. They just have to be set somewhere stable. You could even put them on the floor if you wanted to. The point is to rule out the environment which is the primary factor in poor tracking situations.

Thanks,

-John C

Archived