Quick Wireless Question

N.Edwards

, on the PC side, you just plug in the linkbox as you would with wireless operation and it forces SteamVR to look for a wired HMD - no need to uninstall the PCI-E card. On the HMD side, you have to remove the transmitter and plug in the standard data tether. Overall it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes - maybe 10 min on you first go. 

Thanks for your reply. I have another question. I heard that the wireless solution requires a fair bit of processing power and was wondering if my installed processor can handle it. I have an Intel i7 7700k with 32mb ram, for my GPU I am running a GTX 1080. Is my PC specs enough to comfortably run the Vive wireless?

, It's actually pretty hard to predict what your performance will look like because the motherboard makes a tremendous impact on how everything works together not to mention the software you run and your settings will also make a huge impact. Your processor does meet the min requirements and many users have reported success with the 7700K using common motherboards. If you're using Pro, you'd likely want additional headroom but I think a 7700K is okay for most motherboards and Vive experiences. 

The SteamVR update last week also improved perf for wireless users - we're still collecting reports but overall it should be a little less demanding. 

Archived