My htc vive headset is not working

Amane

I have two ht vive system one is working perfectly but the other on is not working at all i change the place of the headset that isn't working in the place of the other but it still didn't work it only have a red light in the left side where it should be green and it show that the headset is not tracked and error 108 i think that the usb port where i should put the usb wire is not working becouse when i put the usb wire ther is no sound that show up so what should i do please help

• 3 weeks later...

Started out great fun to play. About a week and a half past the return date the vive stopped working. We did all the trouble shooting on steam and htc's sites nothing helped. Contacted HTC Tec support they gave a few others to try but they didn't work. Sent the head set in for repair. HTC is telling me to pay $270.00 for the repair. they say its water damaged. How can you make something that gets strapped to your body (head) and not make it water (sweat) proof. I own watches and phones that are water proof. And for the head set not to be is a manufacturer flaw. Also HTC changed the wording of their warrantee from does not cover water damage other than perspiration to does not cover water damage. So now I'll have to contact a lawyer , BBB and consumer protection agency

Archived