Problem With Vive Headset Screw

PinkDalek

While using the Vive headset, one of the earpieces came loose completely. The screw is still in though and seems to be stripped. I can't get the screw out to reattach the earpiece. To test and make sure I was using the right screwdriver, I loosened the screw on the other side with no problem. How am I supposed to get the screw out when it's stripped and where can I get a replacement screw? Please help!

There are two screws in the assembly - one that's end-user accessible and one that's not. Are you talking about the screw that connects the main headband, or the internal screw that connects the earcup assembly within it's receptacle. The link above may tell you how to detach the receptacle from the headband. 

If the screw is stripped - then it's simply stripped. It's definitely possible to strip this screw out with enough force.

You may have to RMA the DAS to get it repaired. The DAS has a 1 year warranty in most regions. In order to start an RMA, go to www.vive.com/support, click on "contact us" in the top righthand corner, and then opt to speak with a Live Chat agent. You will likely need the proof of purchase tied to your DAS purchase. 

Archived