HTC Vive Pro screen goes black for a few seconds randomly

AtomiK

My HTC Vive Pro screen goes black for a few seconds randomly and sometimes it goes black and turns off the audio and turns it back on by itself. Some of it is due to sudden movements I make. This started somewhere around June 25 and I've had the headset for over a year since April 20, 2018. Could someone please tell me what's wrong with my headset?

Computer Specs:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Intel® Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

16 GB of RAM

- Is windows making the hardware add/remove sound? It's hard to describe -

My first guess would be that it could be related to the teather but normally it takes more than a few seconds for  the headset to reinitialize from a hard disconnect - the SteamVR compositor doesn't do well with hard disconnects at all.

I would recommend doing the following:

1. First, reseat the HMD teather to ensure it's fully plugged in and then test . I copied some instructions below. 
  2. If the above doesn't help, take an opaque piece of tape and cover up the sensor in between the two lenses to trick the HMD from going into standby. Start SteamVR, establish that the HMD is working, and then see if manipulating the cable causes a disconnect. If it disconnects, it's a very good indicator that there is a short or break in the cable. 
  3. If none of these work, you'll probably want to generate a SteamVR system report and contact us to parse it and see if there's any output lines in the logs which stand out.

Thank you for the suggestions but while I was reseating my tether, I found a tear in my cable that was most likely caused by the cable guider over time. I sadly had to buy a new cable.