OG Vive wireless adapter question

Superman III

Hi, 

I want to buy the Wireless Adapter today for my OG Vive, but I have a question. 

I'm thinking if I use the Wireless Adapter I will not use the linkbox no more right? But does that mean that when gaming in VR I will not have the mirror -screen on my regular monitor no more? 

I'm worried about that, because when playing together with someone it makes it fun to be able to follow what the player is doing on the PC monitor... 

Can someone please comfort me about this?

it's fine...the window still shows what is going on inside the headset. the only thing you lose by losing the linkbox is the ability to turn the lighthouses on/off via bluetooth and even then if you just leave linkbox plugged into power and usb on your computer that will still work.

wireless is pretty awesome...enjoy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, laprid0 said:

it's fine...the window still shows what is going on inside the headset. the only thing you lose by losing the linkbox is the ability to turn the lighthouses on/off via bluetooth and even then if you just leave linkbox plugged into power and usb on your computer that will still work.

wireless is pretty awesome...enjoy!

Aw thank you so much for this quick reply man! (or woman lol) 

"wireless is pretty awesome...enjoy!"   My only real worry is if the adapter gets too hot on my head like people say since I use OG Vive with audio deluxe strap (I play for many hours), apart from that I bet it is!!   😁

ive got same...not really had overheating issues but youd better find yourself a bigger battery! theres a bunch that are compatible as long as you get the right ones...I think its QC3? I dont have it right in front of me now. have a look on reddit.

3 hours ago, laprid0 said:

or the imuto 20k QC3 works too.

Thank you, but they dont sell that in my tiny little country. But as I understand the Anker one fits perfectly in the HTV-batteryholder and should work well. Expecting my package anytime now, tomorrow istall and try everything!

Hoping everything goes well for me too bud, I would really love wireless and I hate the hassle of returning stuff like this. But I'm also the type that wont jump through too many hoops if the device turns out to be uncomfortable. 

Cross fingers! 🙄🤞

Hey sorry laprid0, but I cant help but ask, no need to respond if you dont feel like 🙂   So you have OG Vive with Deluxe Audio strap as well but you dont have overheating problems on your head? 

Do you have the thicker 3rd party VR-cover? Did you do anything at all against the heat?

Edited by Superman III