etirus

Running MSI laptop

Geforce RTX2060

Intel Core i7-9750H CPU@2.60Hz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Ram 32Gig

78 gigs available (out of 450g) SSD

780 gigs available on HDD

Generally run 5-6 ms

Did a factory restore a week ago, my laptop and VR games ran smoothly. But after a period of a couple of days, I'll come back to wanting to play VR and my frame rate is complete shit. My drivers are all up to date a crossed the board. Everything is as up to date as can be. I'd like an explination for why after a period of a few days to a few weeks, do I constantly keep coming back to frame rate issues when I have a VR ready laptop with no issues running these games under normal conditions? No other game has issues on my laptop but the ones that run through YOUR headset.

By the way, this is a pissed off customer that fell for your bullshit with the cosmos and actually paid MORE than an index to fix YOUR issues by having to buy baystations SEPERATELY, the Pro face plate SEPERATELY, and the vive wands SEPERATELY. 

I'm at my wits end with your hardware. If this cannot be resolved, I'm selling your piece of shit VR and I'm getting an index.

Edit: I'm not opted into any betas on vive or steam.

Edited by etirus

In general, laptops do not always play well with VR.  Your specs look ok but not really high end.  Still, you should get a decent result even if you need to use lower graphics settings (try reducing your SteamVR % pixel density for starters).  The main issue I've had with gaming laptops is heat related.  Even if you use a cooling pad laptops do not shed heat very well, esp. when you are pushing them hard with VR.  This can cause thermal overloads which will automatically reduce your performance.  Often in VR you will end up with a stuttering mess.

Last year I moved to a desktop gaming PC from an Alienware 17r4 gaming laptop that I was using with an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with a gtx1080ti installed in it.  While I got pretty good VR performance it was not spectacular and my Laptop ran pretty warm most of the time.  I moved my gtx1080ti into a desktop gaming pc w/i9 9900k water cooled, and this doubled my VR performance.  I just wish I had done this to begin with.