Performance full of magenta bars.

dxrova

Hi, I've gotten my headset around a year ago, and my pc 2 years ago. Around 3 months ago my vr was running smooth, with no flaws. But now, every time I go on VR, I get such horrors.213527928_.png.53cfd705fe6b977dd2049bbdbace212a.png
Also when I turn my head, I see constant black bars on the left,right,up and down.

Specs:

Intel core i5-8300H CPU @2.30GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1050

@dxrova - These types of SteamVR errors are usually PC-specific issues which makes it very difficult to remotely troubleshoot without physical access to the PC to try and troubleshoot.

Some common things that can help are:

1. Preform a clean install of your Nvidia drivers using this guide. In this case, it may be helpful to use this page to find an older version of your driver. Sometimes new drivers jjust mess stuff up for some people.
  2. Double check your PC's power management settings and ensure you're on a "high-performance" plan and not an energy saver plan
  3. Uninstall/Reinstall SteamVR fully
  4. Try switching into the SteamVR beta branch.
    1. Your problem has been happening for a while so I don't think this is likely to help. '
  5. Go into your task manager and see what your resource usage is. You could have a virus or a program in the background eating up your resources leaving non for VR.

I've seen some cases where only a complete reinstall of Windows fixes this issue. Windows updates can really mess stuff up.