Should I get a vive now, or wait?

12wew

Hey, just want your guy's opionion, I have the area, a more than strong enough computer and enough cash. Should I buy now or wait for 3.0, I have tried vive 3 times before and every time was awsome! Just want your opinion!

Hey there, 12wew!

To be honest, I was exactly in your position,  I was waiting and waitin for some announcement for newer improved version, or for some other advanced HMD's, but at the end I bought one. I didn't had the chance to try it before that, cause I live in Bulgaria and well there is no particular reason to be a demo target country so, I went completely clueless about VR. 

To the point. Sure there is a lot of  room for improvement in that early VR days as a platform , as a hardware and so on , sure probably the biggest negative stands with the resolution been too low for a display sticked on your face, but you get used to it. And the fun that I'm having since day one ... ENDLESS. 

So, when you have all the power to run it , when you have the cash for it I would advice you to go for it as I would do the same and have no regrets what so ever. When there is something better in the horizon, sell it and buy the new staff. That's what I always do with anything (cars, computers/parts, TV's and so on). After all, there is always gonna be something new and better, but waiting for the perfect product it wouldn't lead you anywrhere since I don't believe "perfection" exists! 

I hope I was helpful

Hi !

The answer to your last question is both. :smileyhappy: One side of the link box is to place the Headset cables (HDMI, USB, power jack) in, on the other side the HDMI goes from the link box to your GPU (Videocard HDMI), the USB cable goes in USB 3.0 port (by your choice) on your PC, and power adapter goes into power socket. If you have any other questions I am happy to share my experience! 

KingRagnar.

Hi !

No. The tracking sensors (lighthouse/base stations) only requiers power outlets. There is also included (optional)  cable that you can connect one tracker to the other, but honestly I'm also not quite sure actually in which case, someone would actually need that for. I think as far as I'm aware nobody use it. It's just an option but, I didn't even took it out of the box. Everything went by the book with my set up. The official tutorials for setting up are very helpful, as well as some unofficial resources with useful tips. 

KingRagnar

Archived