Blue/grey screen for 2 seconds each 20-30 minutes

alpharomeo22

Hello,

This problem really make me want to cry, i can't find the solution anywhere.

I've searched days and days on google, posted on many other forums.

Each 20 to 30 minute of gaming i am having a blue screen of death for 1 to 2 seconds then it disapear.

I just Can't fix this problem.

I've tried :

Switch each base station to A to track if one was not working , but still same problem for both
Switched usb port3.0 to 2.0
Turn off all the light/wifi/bluetooth in the room
Update all my pc drivers
Disable power management in steam
Disabled usb power management in windows.

Cover ANYTHING reflective in my room. tv, picture frames, window.

I am almost sure, that it's not a base station problem since i've switched to A each base station 

Also when i check steamVR system report logs i can't find this problem.

Can you clarify where you're seeing the blue screen, are you seeing it on your main PC monitor or the display of the HMD?

Usually when I hear people say 'Blue Screen Of Death' they are referring to their computer crashing/rebooting, but it sounds like you're referring to the display of the HMD going blue. If it's on the HMD, is it going a solid blue, or grey? Is it always the same color, or do you sometimes get blue and others grey?

Here's some other stuff to try:

• Plug the short cables that connect from the PC to the Link Box directly into the HMD (use the AC adapter from the Link Box to power the HMD). If this solves the issue, there may be a problem with the Link Box or 3-in-1 cable.
  • Try disabling the Vive camera in the SteamVR settings or reducing the refresh rate. If this fixes it, then it indicates a USB data throughput issue over the USB port used.
  • Make sure the base stations are positioned properly. Additionally, after any adjustments or changes to the position/orientation of the base stations make sure you run Room Setup again.

Try to be on the lookout for anything in common when the issue happens. Such as it only happenening when moving, or in certain areas of the room. If we can identify common themes going on alongside the issue, it will give us some insight into what might be causing the problem. It may also be worth looking into verifying if you're having any performance issues (like dropped frames or CPU usage spikes) when the blue/grey issue occurs.

Hope this information helps. Let us know what happens and I'll see if there's any other suggestions I can come up with.

Thank you,

Yes it's my htc vive screen not computer who become blue/grey color for 1 second then disapear

Today i did many test including direct plug my htc vive cable without the 3 in 1 box the blue screen still occur after 20 minute. i think now i'm almost sure it's the HMD problem i checked the cpu no increase at all when this frustrating blue screen appear.

It sounds like it's tracking loss as opposed to an issue with the Vive HMD display. There's a chance it could be an issue with one or more of the IR receivers on the headset, but at this stage I don't think that's it based on the info you've provided so far. Were you able to test disabling the camera?

I'll send you a PM with an email address you can send your system report to, as I'd like to take a look at it and see if that gives any clues.

Archived